Friday, July 31, 2009

Sonic in Connecticut?

Back in my days of supervising an internship program (oh, those were the days!), I once had a student who, on more than one occasion, railed on and on about how much she missed the food from Sonic Drive-In. She was from Arizona (I think), a land ripe with the frozen treats and fast food meals offered by the chain. And, living in Boston, the closest she was able to get to the goods was via the commercials that ran on cable.

Well, times are changing.

Though Sonic has not officially announced it, they are opening up a shop in Wallingford. According to a report in today's Courant, the company has started looking for managers on sites like CareerBuilder. Of course, I'm pretty sure my old intern is nowhere near New England anymore. But I am. And I sure like hamburgers.

Can't wait.

3 comments:

AmyBergquist said...

What we really need is an In and Out Burger. Sonic is overrated.

Ben said...

In-n-Out is quite delicious. And you get to see teenagers run around in those little paper hats! You're right, we do need one of those here. But, since I've never had Sonic, I can't be one to judge.

Lurker Guy said...

Then there are those of us with much lower standards of "gourmand-ness" who just wish for simple things like the Duchess chain to expand from Fairfield / New Haven counties into the immediate Hartford area.