Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm (holds up index finger) THIS many!

It's hard to believe, but OOTTS turned one yesterday. One full year of adjusting to a new town, meeting new people, and figuring out what one does when they get sucked away from almost everything they know. It both seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago when I decided, on a sticky night last August, that something like a blog may help the transition process. I saw it as an outlet to distract me while I waited to find a job and figure out what I wanted to pursue.

Thanks to the thousands of people who have visited over the past 366. And a special thanks to the few that are regulars (I'm still amazed that anyone is interested enough to come back once, let alone those who are here a few times a week!).

To celebrate, I got a cake from the folks who run the awesome blog Cake Wrecks. Here's what I received:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Briday to you both. You don't look a day over ten months.

Anonymous said...

Aww. Congrats for sticking to it! Be careful, or you'll stick to that cake...

J. Kirsch said...

Hi there. I just stumbled across this site. Currently I am debating whether to follow my spouse after she got her first university gig, so this blog was timely. I'll check back soon.

Seannessy said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year already!

Anonymous said...

As a brand-new WH resident (an academic with my very own trailing spouse), I'm so glad to have found your blog! I hope it will unlock all the secrets of this town and tell us where to meet all the nice, cool, smart people.

Ben said...

One thing I can say, Anonymous, is if you aren't originally from CT (or New England, for that matter), you may notice people aren't tremendously outgoing (being originally from MA, I thought I had experienced plenty of the old New England cold shoulder, but even I was a bit surprised at first when my neighbors completely ignored me). Don't take it to heart. There are lots of great people here in town, and there are some cool places to visit. It sometimes just takes a bit of digging.

Best of luck.