Saturday, June 13, 2009

Things learned at Celebrate! West Hartford (with pictures!)

Just got back from Celebrate! West Hartford. Here are a few things I learned:

• You never know what you'll find when you buy a book at the Noah Webster Library book sale (according to the date on the back, this little one just turned nine).


• Mixed in with the average vendors are some true artists like Tomas Savrda. His shadowbox pieces are quite beautiful.


• Dunk tanks are always entertaining.
• Also, when it comes to dunk tanks, men have to do a lot more audience baiting than women in bikinis.


• Apparently, spinal checks are the new black. Seriously. I lost count as to how many free spinal checks I could have received.


• Guessing how many Lego pieces are in a mini Lego man is probably a futile endeavor. Nevertheless, I gave it my best shot (my guess? 10,242).


• Carnies aren't the best when it comes to spelling.

No comments: