Friday, January 9, 2009

Heading west of West Hartford

I'm packing it in, folks. Heading out west for a week. Getting out right before the next storm dumps on old Connecticut. My shoveling self is sad, but the other 99% of me is glad to be escaping to a little sun and warmth.

Seeing as I won't be doing any live posting for a bit, I figure this would be a good chance to try my hand at a little fortune telling. Here it goes:

Saturday, January 10th: Baltimore beats Tennessee, 24-17. Neil Patrick Harris isn't as funny as you'd hoped on SNL. You blame the writers.

Sunday, January 11th: Philadelphia beats the NY Giants, 28-24. Mickey Rourke wins best actor at the Golden Globes and has a funny haircut and disheveled look as he accepts the award. Javier Bardem's fly is down when he presents an award. Jack Nicholson laughs at this. Bardem is embarrassed.

Monday, January 12th: The Dow closes up 71.25 points. Doesn't matter.

Tuesday, January 13th: A small martian named Gazoo travels back in time from his home planet of Zatox to the time of early man, where he befriends a pair of cavemen named Fred and Barney. This friendship is preserved as hieroglyphics that won't be discovered until the early 1960s.

Wednesday, January 14th: Expect rain. Or not.

Thursday, January 15th: The world learns that Donkey Kong is real.

Let's see how accurate I am. I have a pretty good feeling about most of these.

Until next time . . .

No comments: