Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Adventures in poor punctuation: MiniBlast Lagoon


The Professor and I recently visited the miniature golf course at Adventures at MiniBlast Lagoon in Cromwell (for an excellent review, visit the Putting Penguin's site over here). The course was really quite fun, but a typo on our scoring card left me a bit deflated:

Not only was I unable to find the Tom Cruise/Bryan Brown cinematic classic while strolling the grounds, but I got pegged by a TON of golf balls from the driving range! Kokomo, indeed.

5 comments:

Actionman said...

Thanks for the tip on the cool-sounding mini-golf spot. Only a 10min drive for us from Rocky Hill. We'll be going there this weekend fo show!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that the "Cocktail's" being referenced wasn't Cocktail the charmingly inebriated cockatoo mascot of MiniBlast Lagoon?

Come to think of it, shouldn't Mini-Blast be hyphenated?

Ben said...

You know, I saw a bird, but it wasn't until AFTER I got pegged with the golf balls.

Anonymous said...

Do we need to ask the professor for the final scores, or will you be honest about your mini-putting?

Ben said...

Though it was a tight match, I triumphed: 61 to 67. That being said, par for the course is 56, so neither of us were very good.