Friday, December 26, 2008

Day after Christmas (or, day two of my five day Christmas)

As I type this, the Professor is avidly jamming away at Guitar Hero in our living room. It was one of her gifts from my parents for Christmas. When she opened it, she sounded like one of those crazy grandmothers-to-be that appear on far too many of America's Funniest Home Videos. Instead of a clever card announcing a new baby, however, the Professor had a long box, disguised by my mother, to open. 

She pulled the paper away. Within 3.5 seconds, her age shifted from 30 to 10.

"I know what this is! I know what this is!" she exclaimed. You would have thought it was covered in diamonds.

We've each created our bands in the game. Mine is called "Barkolounge." Hers is "Fishstick." I have some pretty incriminating photos of her jamming in her jammies. If she plays her cards right, they won't be released to her students.

Of course, I'm kidding about the blackmail.

Today is day 2 of Christmas. 2.5, really. Christmas Eve was spent with the Professor's family in Massachusetts. Christmas Day was at our place with my parents and some of the Professor's family. Today we're meeting up with some friends. Tomorrow we do my family's Christmas (a gathering of roughly 50) in Massachusetts. Sunday we recuperate. Then on Monday we head back up north for Christmas with the Professor's parents and brother and our nephew and niece. It will be a whirlwind.

In between it all I'll get to hear Foghat and Poison as the little rocker continues to climb the ranks. Professor by day. Shredder by night.

No comments: