Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snohawks on the highway

I traveled to Boston yesterday and was reminded why I didn't mind leaving the city. What with the snow everywhere and the tight roads and the lassez-faire attitude most Bostonians have when it comes to shoveling, the place was a streaky, off-white (okay, brown) mess.

What always amazes me in Massachusetts is the amount of cars driving around with what I call a "snohawk," essentially a strip of snow running along their hood, roof, and trunk. It's a trait that I always thought was universal, but I just haven't seen it much here in Connecticut.

Either all of these drivers have tyrannosaurus rex arms and can't reach that far with a brush or they're just really lazy. I passed one snohawker on the highway who had been pulled over by a state trooper. For whatever reason, he actually looked confused as the officer pointed at the 10" of snow that lined his roof, waiting to blind the drivers behind him at 70 miles per hour. He appeared to be whimpering. I, on the hand, smiled and cheered.

1 comment:

Seannessy said...

That is/was one of the things that pisses me off the most about the winter. When I had a car I did my very best to clean off every inch of snow...and I have t-rex arms!