Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday

Had a bit of an internet scare a little while ago while the thunder rumbled here in West Hartford. Everything stopped working. Not a good sign. Turns out the wireless hub needed a time out. Sometimes we all need a little time out to cool off and get our act straight, I suppose. I guess technology isn't any different.

It's funny how much of a crippling scare the idea of no internet can be. I can't imagine a day without email. So much of my lifelines are electronic. And since moving, IMs and Facebook conversations are some of the only ways I communicate with several friends. I talk to the writing group I belong to through my computer. I submit stories and articles without ever speaking to editors face to face (I still have not formally met the editor I occasionally write for in Boston).

And a simple rumble of thunder can snap that all like a twig.

But all is safe. For now.

No comments: