Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday thoughts while trying to avoid swine flu and Sea Monkeys

So, I was boiling my water today to fill my Brita to be able to drink tomorrow while at the same time hoping that the slight cough that I have isn't somehow a strain of "not deadly" swine flu when I began wondering, "What is the most cliched analogy in the English language?"

I took my water off after its one minute boil (per CT MDC rules) and began to wrack my brain. I then stopped, concerned that too much concentration could compromise my internal organs, possibly keeping valuable blood from flowing to regions other than my brain, thus allowing the swine flu an opened door to the destruction of my body. But, before completely shutting down, the first tacky analogy to come to mind was when someone says that something "cuts like a knife" (typically the assailant in this is "love"). That one always bothered me. Stupid Who song.

So, while waiting three hours for my water to cool and after placing a precautionary dust mask over my nose and mouth because of the swine flu, I hopped on the old internet machine and let it do my thinking for me. I found a pretty entertaining website full of bad analogies. It was like finding a shiny toy car under the tree on Christmas morning. See, that was a bad analogy.   

Anyway, if you're interested in reading some bad analogies, click here. Oh, and I'm not going too overboard in my fear of swine flu and Sea Monkeys, am I?

No comments: