Sunday, April 19, 2009

The town is out and about, as are their dogs

This morning brought the first opportunity to run since my incident with the dog (more specifically, the dog's teeth). For those interested, my hip has a really ugly bruise. The scratch is healing, though with it being on my hip, it is pretty painful (I must say that I'm really glad I was wearing the amount of layers that I was. Otherwise, I probably would have ended up in the ER for a shot and/or stitches. Thank you, overshirt, thermal undershirt, shorts, shorts pocket material, and underwear!). 

But I'm not one to sit around. I needed to get back on the horse. So I suited up and hit the street.

There's an amazing amount of people out and about today. The MS Walk that's happening around town has drawn hundreds of people to the streets. And with those hundreds of people are scores of dogs. My worst nightmare! I've never passed so many dogs on a run in all my life. It was definitely a baptism-by-fire moment. If there was any trepidation I had in running past seemingly friendly dogs, I was quickly forced to man-up.

Thankfully, my days since a time loss incident continues to stand at 2. The weather sure is beautiful out there. We've really been lucky the past couple of days.

No comments: