Friday, October 10, 2008

West Hartford real estate agents, beware . . .

Allegedly, folks (and, by "folks," I mean one individual . . . so far) in town are lacing their cakes with poison! And, they're then serving said cake to their real estate agents!

I've heard the old Halloween story of getting an apple with a razor blade in it, but this is ridiculous.

So, beware, real estate agents. Make sure you carry your NAR-certified "poison identifying kit" with you at all times! Sure, it seemed silly to you when it was issued, but now you can all thank your lucky stars for the thoroughness of the organization.

Of course, I'm kidding about the kit. Just don't take cake from strangers.

Read on about this odd story at courant.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben!

Thanks for the heads-up. As an agent in Avon who ventures over the "mountain" I appreciate the info. The crazies have even entered West Hartford...their goes the neighborhood. Funny side note, I wrote a paper in college on Trailing spouses...so I know what one is!

Ben said...

Yeah, there are strange folk all over. According to news reports, the agent is going to be okay but was admitted to the hospital. I guess he's out and home at this point.

mamabadger76 said...

Besides the fact I posted as "anonymous" in error I also used "their" rather then "there." How embarrassing given your mastery of the language! Love the blog...you have been added to my favorites.