Friday, May 29, 2009

"Perfect Burger" update

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about a survey which was being conducted by a local radio station. They were looking for the best burger in the Hartford area and, at the time of my writing, Red Robin was in the lead for the title.

Well, the polls closed last week over at DRC-FM, and I'm happy to say Red Robin did not take the title of "Perfect Burger." That honor went to GoldBurgers in Newington. Can't say I've ever been there, but I'm glad an actual local restaurant won, rather than a chain.

I'd point you to the results page on DRC's website, but they've already moved onto bigger and better things. Those "good time rock n' rollers" are always on the move.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come visit GoldBurgers. It's not far from W.Hartford, and you won't be disappointed. Try the specials, they're always good (as is the original 'GoldBurger')

AmyBergquist said...

We went there tonight and were pleasantly surprised. Yummy burgers, good fries and onion rings, tasty shakes. Plan B still wins, but GoldBurgers is ranked above the Counter Burger (for me). Reasonable prices too.

Ben said...

I really need to check them out.

the Professor said...

onion rings? let's go!

AmyBergquist said...

The onion rings were really tasty. You should definitely try them.