Saturday, May 16, 2009

Urban Oaks Organic Farm plant sale!

The Professor and I were on the hunt for some tomato seedlings for our veggie patch (we're not skilled enough to bother trying to grow them from seeds on our own), but we didn't want to bother with the Home Depots of the world (Home Depot and I just don't mix very well together. I honestly think the store tries to keep me from finding anything and then sends me to the least educated of their employees to try to solve my problems). So, after much web searching, the Prof stumbled across the Urban Oaks Organic Farm's spring plant sale, which just happened to be starting yesterday. 

Oooh, were we lucky!

They had a huge variety of heirloom seedlings, from plums to beefsteak to cherry, and they were only $2 a piece! Add in peppers and herbs and one could walk out with a full garden for under $40.

If anyone out there is looking for seedlings, they should give the folks down at Urban Oaks a visit.

The plant sale is on Fridays and Saturdays until supplies have been exhausted. For more information, visit their website.

No comments: