Thursday, August 21, 2008

Always remember your feet!

Took a break from the endless job hunt today and went with my wife and mother-in-law to the beach. It was nice and sunny, not too crowded. Got quite a bit of reading in. But I ended up with a long sunburn along my left foot. That'll feel good on my run tomorrow. Always remember your feet with sunscreen! Just burying them in the sand is not enough! That's today's lesson.

Speaking of feet, NBC is broadcasting the Olympic Women's 20K Race Walk right now. It is the craziest thing to see. These women walk a faster mile than I run. But their posture is absolutely bizarre. If you could put footage of these women next to Jim Carrey's Ace Ventura, you'd see a strong resemblance (in the walking, of course). 

Man, what a stupid movie. 

1 comment:

Judo For Make Love said...

I love that the Olympics is a showcase for the world's wackiest leisure activities. Ping Pong and badminton, for instance. Shuffleboard, air hockey, billiards, horseshoes, rockpaperscissors, and competitive ouija will all eventually get their due, I hope. I also saw some of that speedwalking competition and it was followed by what looked like a "rhythmic gymnastics" practice session. This gymnast looked like he was getting really dizzy because of all the G-forces he was subjecting himself to in his efforts to create a medal-worthy routine while spinning around with a ribbon in his hand. It is really a very beautiful sport and truly one of the most difficult physical and mental challenges that a human can undertake.