Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Mary Worth": Maybe I'm onto something here . . .

The other day, I railed against the comic strip Mary Worth, in which I brought up the idea that certain characters from the strip were so bored by the dull nature of the story unfolding before their eyes that they took leave to more exciting strips. One of the characters I mentioned was Ian, college professor and Gorton's fisherman look-alike. I brought up the scenario of Ian heading over to Prince Valiant, where he may actually have something to do.

Well, I may have hit on something here. I opened my comic section of the Sunday paper today and, while glancing past Valiant, came across this panel:
And, if you recall, this is our friend Ian:
I'm thinking we may have a match. 

Now, if I can only figure out where Mary has stumbled onto . . .

No comments: