Friday, August 15, 2008

Maximum Overdrive trailer

My wife and I noticed that the movie "Maximum Overdrive" was available on our Comcast On-Demand service. If you haven't seen it, you aren't missing much (unless you're an Emilio Estevez completist/AC/DC obsessor), but as we shuttled past it I remembered seeing the trailer for it when I was 7 or 8-years-old, sitting in a movie theater with my father, waiting to view something that I'm sure was far tamer than "MO." Man, I remembered Stephen King (who, as the trailer will inform you, wrote and directed the movie) staring at the camera, talking to the audience and how it really disturbed me in the way he said his lines. I vividly recalled his monologue, even though I vaguely remembered the movie itself.  Thanks to the internets, I was able to find this two minute gem on Youtube and relived my childhood trauma. Thankfully, it was far more humorous now than it was as a child. 

By the by, I haven't read much of Mr. King's recent books, but his zombie-influenced novel "Cell" is pretty decent. Also, being a Red Sox fan, the non-fiction book he co-wrote with Stuart O'Nan, "Faithful," is certainly worth a read.

Anyway, here's the trailer: 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't fade Pat Hingle, the Green Goblin Mack Truck, apparently Franklin from la originale Tejas Chainsaw Mudero and perhaps, the best (at least my favorite), mid-80's AC/DC track in one flick.
Yes, it's shitty- yes, it stars the lessened talent of the whole Sheen train... but King was a raging drunk at that time!!! All bets are off!!!
We must remember the inherant evil of the 80's. The gilded train of shame....