Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kayak is the new black . . .

Maybe this is coming from living in Boston since 1996 and not getting to rural areas as much as I would have liked, but there seem to be an awful lot of kayaks attached to cars around here. Everywhere I turn I see a yellow kayak strapped to the roof of a car. Where are they all going? I just imagine a state park pond full of a swarm of yellow, a family of ducks sitting nearby on land, cursing them out. 

Kayaks! They're the cool car accessory for 2008!

"Hey, that car got an integrated iPod in it?"

"Of course it does. Yours?"

"Dude, you think I'm an idiot or something? That was so 2006. You got a kayak rack?"

"Oh, I'm kayaking, baby. I'm kayaking 'til my toes are prunes!"

"Right on!"

1 comment:

Judo For Make Love said...

Besides being part of a fashionable lifestyle, kayaking is also a really fuel efficient way to commute to work, especially if you end up getting a job in Greenland. That's probably where all those people you keep seeing are headed.