Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting someone else's stuff for cheap!

When I'm not busy reading Mary Worth, I tend to check out the rest of the Hartford Courant. In today's edition, there was an article about Propertyroom.com, a website devoted to selling off items seized by the police during arrests. Now, what I wonder is, what happens if I get robbed and, a year later, I find my stuff for sale on this website? Can I get it for free, or do I have to buy it back?

The site actually has some odd stuff for sale, like 2 street cones, currently at $6.74. Or, how about a bunch of crowbars (I wonder what those were used for . . .) for $6? Maybe a parking meter for one American dollar? My personal favorite is the gas pump with nozzle, a steal (get it, STEAL, as in, rob) at $6.


There are plenty of legit, and actually cool, things also for sale, like cameras and appliances. Certainly a strange place, but I'm sure it helps clear out those cages of junk at the police station.

UPDATE: I just saw that, if you can prove an item belongs to you, you CAN get it back for free. Also, my new favorite lot for sale is the 5-piece Scary Movie 4 bundle. One for you, four for your nearest-and-dearest loved ones! 

No comments: