Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Farmer trailing spouse

The Professor went out this morning and got us a 20' x 20' (I just had a Spinal Tap Stonehenge moment there for a second) community garden space over at Westmoor Park. She has big plans. Lots of vegetables. She's already mapped it all out. 

Me? I'm just looking forward to breaking out my overalls and saying things like  "thick as ticks on a dog's back."

$25 for the plot. Pretty good deal. If anyone out there is interested, they should move fast. Spaces are getting snapped up quickly.

1 comment:

Battle Park said...

Yeah, this is a cool program. Just hope the gardener next to you isn't a sunflower fiend, as I've seen them shade out neighboring plots to ruination.

Westmoor also does a thing where you can help plant veggies that are later given to the hungry and homeless. I recommend that as well.