Monday, March 9, 2009

Vanishing sidewalks 4: The return of vanishing sidewalks

Quite a while has passed since my last report on West Hartford's strange problem with vanishing sidewalks. I suppose the snow has been to blame. Hard to see if a sidewalk vanishes when you can't see the sidewalk in the first place.

Today's vanishing sidewalk comes to us from Trout Brook Drive, right in front of the Children's Museum. Got to give the museum props for using the abrupt end of the walkway to their advantage, as they've place a placard advertising summer camp right where the grass begins.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but I find your vanishing sidewalks postings the funniest! Thank you for the great laugh! To think, I've lived in West Hartford for 12 years and never noticed them - now I look for them!

Ben said...

It's a strange thing, the vanishing sidewalks . . .