Monday, March 30, 2009

ShamPow! Slap! Chop!


Regular readers may have noticed I've written a couple posts (here and here) about Vince Offer, the pitchman behind the ShamWOW cloths and the ubiquitous Slap Chop kitchen device. For whatever reason, the guy both annoys me and fascinates me at the same time.

Well, it seems Offer (his real last name is actually Shlomi), has gotten himself into a bit of trouble. Here's a clip from an article that ran on the Smoking Gun a few days ago:
Shlomi, 44, was arrested last month on a felony battery charge following a violent confrontation with a prostitute in his South Beach hotel room. According to an arrest affidavit, Shlomi met Sasha Harris, 26, at a Miami Beach nightclub on February 7 and subsequently retired with her to his $750 room at the lavish Setai hotel . . . Shlomi said that when he kissed Harris, she suddenly "bit his tongue and would not let go." Shlomi then punched Harris several times until she released his tongue.
Wow, what a great guy! Now I really want to buy his crummy products! And he's 44? Dude looks good for 44.

You can read the full article over here at the Smoking Gun's website.

2 comments:

the Professor said...

I wonder what he did first to get his tongue bitten before he punched her. What a sport.

BostonFilm said...

I'm reading this at 9:30pm and Mike Bird JUST sent the photo of this guy and the hooker about 15 minutes ago. I had never heard of him so Ice Cream (Mike Bird) had to send me a YouTube clip of this guy selling his wares.
All new to me.
I guess I've been too busy following REAL news.
You Americans make me sick.