Saturday, March 21, 2009

Peeps show


I love marshmallow Peeps. I know most people find them disgusting, but there's something about a stiff Peep, left out of the package for a day or two, that brings me back to childhood.

And if there's one thing I like more than a tasty Peep, it's a contest using the little sugar wonders.

Just in time for Easter, the West Hartford Library is holding their first annual Peeps diorama contest. Sadly, it's only for kids. Nevertheless, I'm sure there will be some great and inventive entries. I have to assume the winners will be on display at some point.

If you've got a young Peep lover who is also into arts and crafts, follow this link to learn more.

If you just want to see cool Peep dioramas, check out this link to the Washington Post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another great thing about peeps is putting them in the microwave, on top of a paper towel, and cooking them for about 30 seconds. Watch as the peep puffs up its chest and grows to three times its size. Hilarious. Tastes awful, though. Still, it is the best use of the rest of the peeps after the first two coat your molars in sugar and you swear you'll never eat another.