Friday, January 30, 2009

Microwave potato chips

No, I'm not turning this into a recipe blog, don't worry. I'll leave that to the professionals. Besides, zombie road signs are more my speed, anyway. That being said, I did just make some really tasty potato chips in the microwave I'd like to tell you about.

See, I had leftover mandolin-sliced potatoes from dinner last night. And I'm not one to throw food away. It was either super-thin hash browns for breakfast or chips for the weekend. Since I hadn't tried chips, I decided to give it a go.

They couldn't have been easier to make. All I did was coat the slices in vegetable oil, dab some oil on a plate, arrange the slices in a single layer, and microwave them for about 7 minutes.

Very tasty stuff!

1 comment:

Judo For Make Love said...

Americans allow so much leftover food to just go to waste. In these tough times, I'm glad to see that at least one American is doing his part.