Friday, January 23, 2009

Guaranteed blog hit

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a little product that has suddenly become very popular. A hint: it has the following words in its name: slap and chop. Since the post went live, I have had a massive amount of search engine queries leading folks to the blog, so much so that the post has become the number one piece of the entire site, being directly accessed at a rate of over 2:1 compared to the second most popular page. Now, I don't know why the Smap Chlop (that's my secret code for the item. Don't want to give away too much publicity.) is in our nation's collective mind quite as much as it is, but it makes me want to spin this entire blog into an "as seen on TV" affair.

The lesson here? If you're down on your web hits, just turn to Vince and his amazing culinary inventions. We are all really fascinated with flashy television pitchmen.

Now, I wonder how I can fit Billy Mays into more articles . . .

No comments: