Friday, January 16, 2009

Rockabye Baby


While out west, I spent quite a bit of time getting to know a six-month-old baby named Zoe. She likes Elmo. And Horton (of "Hears a Who" fame). And bizarre Little Einstein DVDs of puppets on fishing line. But one thing that she has that I totally fell in love with was her Beatles CD from Rockabye Baby Records. 

What's a Rockabye Baby Record? Well, it's an album full of lullaby renditions of popular rock and roll songs. I know, it sounds odd, but it's pretty cool. And soothing. There's a huge roster of featured artists, from The Rolling Stones to Nirvana to The Pixies and The Ramones (Gabba Gabba Goo Goo!). What's great is listening to a really heavy song, like Nine Inch Nails "Hurt," as it is rendered into a harmless lullaby.

Here's a YouTube video of "Come As You Are" that I found:


You can find out more info and hear a bunch of audio clips at the Rockabye Baby website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this might be the coolest thing ever. I think I need soothing Radiohead and Nirvana.

Ben said...

The album covers are pretty funny too.