Monday, September 15, 2008

CT Lottery: Red Sox and Yankees

After posting yesterday about the Red Sox, I noticed that, here in Connecticut, the Lottery has issued scratch tickets for both the Sox and the New York Yankees (hiss). As a promotion, the good people at the CT Lottery have been running ads showing the accumulated total of each game's ticket sales. As of Saturday, September 13th, the totals stood at: 

image from CTLottery.com

Woo hoo! The Sox are in the lead! I can hear the "Let's go Red Sox!" chant already!

So, do these numbers mean that my new state is home to more Red Sox fans (and, by conclusion, more sane people)? The totals seem to say yes. But, (there's always a but) maybe these numbers mean something else. Maybe these numbers just show me that Red Sox Nation has a bigger gambling problem than Yankee Universe, or whatever they're calling themselves today. Could this be true?

I'd like to think Red Sox Nation is more prominent, but we've had so many lean years before 2004, we might just be hooked on gambling, as well. Something to ease the pain of so many defeats. This one's a toss-up. I'd flip a coin to decide, but I'm busy losing $5 to the Lottery with it at the moment. 

No comments: