Tuesday, February 3, 2009

No Chow?

If you've been to Blue Back Square in our lovely town, you've seen the signs: Chow . . . Coming Soon. The Professor and I noticed these when we first came to look for an apartment back in April of last year.

Chow . . . Coming Soon.

I had no idea what Chow was, but I assumed it was some sort of Asian eatery. Some quick web searching confirmed this notion. And, on the chowwesthartford.com site, I learned that the operation was slated to open in September . . . of 2008.

Well, it now appears the eatery may NOT be coming to BBS after all. Curious, I sent an email the other day to the Chow/Zinc restaurant web master (there is another Chow in New Haven), asking when these signs were going to come down? When was "coming soon"? 

Here's what I received:
We have had to suspend development of CHOW West Hartford due to economic circumstances. It is on hold right now.
This is really a shame. Blue Back is a decent little shopping area, but having a gigantic restaurant space empty is kind of an eyesore. This makes me wonder what's going on with the Green Tea store across the street. Are they ever going to open?

1 comment:

Judo For Make Love said...

First it was killer turkeys, closely followed by nazi zombies, then it was leprechauns, and now a shortage of Chow and green tea? This Obama guy has seriously got his hands full right now.