Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday ramble

* Have you seen Coraline yet? If not, check it out before the Jonas Brothers gobble up all the 3D screens in America. 

The use of 3D is excellent and is in no way obvious, the stop motion animation is beautiful, and the story is pretty touching (and creepy).

* I learned a valuable lesson from a crazy homeless lady yesterday. If you want a sandwich shop's undivided attention, walk in through the front door and find the loudest thing possible to kick, then run out the door. Scared me out of my seat.

* Regardless of what one thinks of UConn basketball coach Jim Calhoun and his (rather large) salary, I think we can all agree that he could handle himself with a bit more poise when he's rattled by pseudo-journalists:


* Is it necessary for Oscar coverage to start 6 hours before the award ceremony begins? Do we love celebrities THAT much? On the same point, do we need live coverage of Red Sox spring training EVERY day? I mean, I like the Sox as much as anyone else, but I find watching men stretch, oh, I don't know, dull.

No comments: