Friday, February 27, 2009

What's with this sex press you keep telling me about?

Here in Connecticut, I tend to watch WFSB, channel 3, when I'm looking for local news. Yes, the same WFSB that ran an image of a hamster with a film slate instead of that of a suspected murderer on a recent broadcast. I don't know why I gravitated toward them. It just happened.

Anyway, one thing that always makes me laugh in a completely juvenile way when watching channel 3 is their use of a company named Aerials Express when they cut to a satellite map of a region (for whatever reason, they do about four or five times a broadcast). You see, Aerials Express has the unfortunate web address of aerialsexpress.com, which, for the teenagers and childish adults out there, reads as something very different than a satellite map company. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if channel 3 wrote "Image courtesy Aerials Express" when they used one of these maps, but they always use the web address. So every time they cut to a satellite map, I start laughing. 

And then I start to wonder why Aerials Express doesn't change their name to Aerial Express, or why WFSB doesn't just sign a contract with Google Maps? 

The mysteries of life . . .

No comments: