Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day: this time, it's personal

Just returned from my local polling station, located at the corner of Farmington and South Highland. Couldn't have been easier. Very efficient. I arrived at 9:15 and was in a voting booth by 9:20. I would estimate that there was 25 or so people inside voting at any given moment when I was there.

It still being early, everyone working the polls was in a great mood. Smiles all around.

My advice? If you can sneak out this morning to vote, you'll probably have a better experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oregon votes by mail. Did I mail my ballot weeks ago, thus avoiding the traffic and lines around the county elections office? No. No, I did not. I dropped off my ballot, however, ensuring that my vote would be counted. Hurrah!