Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday morning run thoughts . . .

. . . A sure sign Halloween has come and gone in New England? Candy wrappers mixed within the fallen leaves. Reese's, Snickers, Butterfingers, and Skittles blend in the most. Crunch, Baby Ruth, and Almond Joy, the worst . . .

. . . I wonder if, at the candy company, any thought is put into making wrappers blend in with environment . . .

. . . As I was just typing "Butterfinger," I accidentally wrote "Butterfonger." Now, that's a candy bar I'd be interested in trying . . .

. . . Sad news for those waiting for the magical leaf vacuum truck to come by today in West Hartford. Looks like the workers were having some issues with it when I passed them on South Quaker Lane this morning . . . 

. . . Apparently, the truck has realized how silly the whole service is and has gone on strike . . .

. . . Breathing the Fall air this morning, I was relieved to find that, starting a new decade of life today, it did not smell any different, nor did it feel any different as it passed through my lungs. My big fear is that, one day, these things will change . . .

. . . Wow, that was deep . . .

. . . I really don't get gas prices in this state, and, for that matter, the crazy gas tax. But, one thing that really bugs me around here are the "cash" and "credit" prices at gas stations . . .

. . . That's for another time . . .  

No comments: