Thursday, November 20, 2008

Onion goggles, lego utensils, and more

The guys that run Think Geek are always finding new and interesting items out in the wacky world that we call home. Here are a few of my favorite new releases:

1. Lego Utensils - How cool are these things? They're Lego! Wait, I mean Snack-n-Stack.We don't want to infringe on any corporate brands. 

Granted, they probably aren't that practical and I doubt they handle very well, but they STICK TOGETHER! They're Le - SNACK-N-STACK! But, I will admit, that knife looks pretty weak.


2. Tardis USB hub - Okay, I'm not a big Doctor Who fan. As a kid in the early '80s, I would watch the old Tom Baker episodes when they re-ran on PBS, but I've never seen any of the current episodes. That being said, I've always loved the Tardis, the time-travel machine/telephone booth used by the good doctor. This 4-port USB hub, although kind of useless, is pretty cool. The light on top even pulses!

Now, if there was only a USB hub made of K-9, Doctor Who's intrepid robot dog, my six-year-old self would be ecstatic.



3. Wasabi gumballs - I'm a wasabi pea guy, so the idea dipping gumballs in wasabi is right up my alley. They could be horrible, but one needs to be open to new things, yes? 

Hmmm, I wonder if A Dong has something like this in stock?

Plus, look at the cheerful, welcoming image on the tin! It's like he's saying, "Hey, you. You look like you could use a wasabi gumball. Here, it would be my pleasure to share my supply with you."



4. Onion goggles - Tired of crying like a baby or a really sullen drunk person when chopping onions? I know I am! Then, give these a try. You'll look like Bono! Supposedly they fit tightly around your eyes and prevent the onion gasses from getting to your eyes. Either way, you could go to the mall and probably get a free cookie at the Mrs. Fields, if your Irish accent is up to snuff.

No comments: