Thursday, November 13, 2008

Make your own Muppet!


Funny how I found that Muppet News Flash compilation yesterday. Today I rolled out of bed to my telephone ringing. It was my Mom. She was calling to tell me that the Muppets were on the Today Show. My Mom does this every so often. When the phone rings first thing in the morning, either an elderly relative has fallen ill or something from my childhood is on the Today Show.

Anyway, the Muppets were on to promote a really cool new area opening at FAO Schwarz called the "Muppet Whatnot Workshop." At it, children (and adults) can build their own Whatnot Muppet from scratch. What's a Whatnot? Well, click on over to the FAO website here and Kermit will tell you (basically, it's a Muppet extra that's always in the background of shots during the show).

If you can't make it to a store to make your Muppet, you can also design your own Whatnot online and have the hard working elves at FAO build it for you. Who wants to build a bear when they can have their very own Muppet?